An expensive but quick to make and VERY tasty, rich and filling meal... from the December 27th, 2006 Food Section of the San Jose Mercury News
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb crab meat
- 2 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream
- 4 oz fresh linguine
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a pot of 4 to 5 quarts of water on to boil
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Saute onion and garlic until onion is transparent, about 3 minutes
- Raise the heat to high. Remove skillet from heat (for safety) and add vodka. Return to heat and cook until vodka is reduced by half, about 30 seconds
- Turn heat down to medium. Add pasta sauce and crab. Cook gently without boiling for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In pot, place linguine in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and add sauce.
- Serve with garlic bread, romaine salad and red wine