This is an old family recipe passed down for generations... not. It's on the back of the Barilla Lasagne box.
- 1 Box Lasagne (that you don't have to boil)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 15oz container of ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 26oz jars tomato sauce
- Brown the meat, obvi
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella and the paremesan.
- Get a 13x9x3 baking pan. Layer the ingredients as follows:
- 1 cup of sauce
- 4 lasagne sheets, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the meat, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 cup sauce
- 4 lasagne sheets, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, and 1.5 cups of sauce
- 4 lasagne sheets, the remaining 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, the remaining 1/2 of meat, and 1 cup of sauce
- 4 lasagne sheets, the remaining sauce, and the remaining one cup mozzarella
- Cover the pan with foil and stuff it in the oven! Wait 50-60 minutes, then take the foil off and continue cooking it for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Wait 15 minutes before cutting it, unless you like your lasagne messy.
I think Barilla changed their recipe slightly recently.