Recipe from here
- 1 lb shrimp (raw or cooked) peeled, deveined and diced
- 1 cup lime juice from 6 limes
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small avocados)
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup clamato juice (use "picante" version for spicier salsa)
- To serve
- 16 Tostadas (or a bag of tortilla chips)
- Hot Sauce (Tabasco or Franks Red Hot)
- Dice shrimp and place into a large glass (non-metamixing bowl. Squeeze 1 to 1 1/4 cups lime juice from 6 limes over shrimp. Stir to combine then cover and marinate in the refrigerator (marinate 1 1/2 to 2 hours for raw shrimp or until no longer translucent and marinate 15 minutes for cooked shrimp), stirring halfway through.
- Chop the vegetables: cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
- When shrimp are done marinating, add vegetables to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp black pepper or season to taste and gently stir to combine. Lastly, stir in 1 cup clamato juice, mixing just to combine. Serve with tortilla chips or over tostadas.
If using fresh limes, use gloves to squeeze them to prevent margarita burn
Would benefit from other types of seafood (squid, scallops, etc.); some spices would probably also help