From the cuisinart instruction manual!
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1.5 anchovy fillets
- 1.5 cups pitted nicoise or other imported black olives
- 1/4 cup drained and rinsed capers
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence or thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Chop the garlic for 5 seconds; scrape the work bowl. Add the anchovies, olives and capers; pulse 10 times on Chop. Scrape the work bowl. Add the mustard, lemon juice, herbs and pepper. Process for 15 seconds on Chop; scrape the work bowl. Process for an additional 15 seconds; scrape the work bowl again, then add the olive oil. Process until a thick paste forms, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Next time, I might go light on the lemon, or even leave it out altogether; also, go heavy on the anchovies and herbs