- 1½ pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, plus more to taste
- Pomegranate molasses, for drizzling (optional)
- Flaky salt, to serve
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with the olive oil. Season well with the salt and black pepper and toss again. Spread everything evenly on a sheet pan cut-side-down and roast until crisp and deeply golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the sprouts halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently to ensure they don’t burn, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the brussels sprouts are done roasting, toss them with the toasted walnuts and the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses (about 1 teaspoon or so), if using. Season with flaky salt.
- Could use more walnuts
- One pomegranate suffices for seeds