- 1 pound squid, cleaned, bodies cut into 3/4-inch-thick rings, tentacles left whole
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pat squid dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat until smoking. Carefully add squid in a single layer, then add butter, garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squid is opaque and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes (do not overcook). Season with additional salt and pepper, and serve with lemon wedges.
Delicious! Not sure why you need to add to pan "carefully" if later you are "tossing frequently"...